- 325 g flour (half whole-wheat, half rye or spelt flour)
- 200 g sourdough starter
- 1 tsp salt
- 250 ml water
10-14 h (< 30 m
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until just incorporated, cover and leave overnight (8 – 12 hours).
- Feed the remaining sourdough starter with 100 g whole-wheat flour and 100 ml water. Stir, cover and leave in the fridge.
- Next day, place a cast-iron pot with lid in the oven, and crank it up to 260°C.
- Dust your work surface with a generous amount of white flour, and scoop the dough out of the bowl onto it.
- Sprinkle the dough with another generous amount of flour on top, and start folding it.
- Fold the dough into itself from all sides. Do this repeatedly until you’ve done at least two full circles.
- Dust a kitchen cloth with white flour and flip the dough upside-down onto it, so the smooth surface is facing upwards.
- Sprinkle with a bit more flower and cover with the cloth. Let it rest for 30 minutes, while the oven is preheating.
- Take the pot out of the oven, uncover, sprinkle with some white flour, and flip the dough upside-down, so that the smooth surface is facing downwards.
- Shake the pot a bit if the dough is not in the middle, to make a nice round loaf.
- Cover the pot and stick it in the oven for 30 minutes. Then uncover it, turn the oven off, and leave it in for another 10 minutes.
- Take the bread out of the pot, and place it on a grill for at least 30 minutes to cool down.
Gallery of √ 100 Rye sourdough Bread Recipe
Related Posts for √ 100 Rye sourdough Bread Recipe
Mango Bread Recipe Best of Breads from mango bread recipe hawaii , image source: www.pinterest.com Ingredients 4 servings bread 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 eggs 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 cup milk 1 tsp salt 1 tbsp heavy cream Spicy mango dipping 1/4 cup mango pieces 1 tbsp all-purpose flour 1 tbsp mustard 1 smached garlic clove 1 tbsp heavy cream 1 pinch salt 1 pinch chili powder […]
Orange Cranberry Bread Recipe from recipe for cranberry orange bread , image source: www.twopeasandtheirpod.com Ingredients 2 cup flour 1/2 cup sugar 1 tbs baking powder 1/2 tsp salt rind of a orange 2/3 cup fresh orange juice 2 eggs,beaten 6 tbs butter(or margarine)melted 1 1/4 cup fresh cranberries 1/2 cup chopped walnuts Steps Preheat oven 350F,line the bottom of the sides of a 9×5′ […]
82 Healthy Breakfast Ideas Fit Foo Finds from healthy breakfast bread recipes , image source: fitfoodiefinds.com Ingredients 2 tablespoon Chickpea flour 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon 1/2 tablespoon mixed spice (or pumpkin pie spice mix) 1/2 cup rice milk (or dairy-free milk of choice) 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1 pinch salt 1 tablespoon vegan butter or mild-flavoured oil 4 thick slices of soft bread […]