Pin by Lindy Asimus on Ancient Rome Greece from ancient rome bread recipes , image source: www.pinterest.com
- 250 grams Strong bread flour
- 150 ml Lukewarm water
- 15 grams / 7 grams Fresh yeast / dry yeast
- 1 tsp Salt (gourmet salt)
- 1 tsp Anise seeds
- 3 Bay leaf
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 dash Flour (for dusting)
- Combine all the ingredients except for the bay leaves, and knead well. When the dough becomes smooth, cover it with a damp towel and let it rise for 30 minutes. If using a loaf pan, place the bay leaves at the bottom.
- Once the dough rises, punch it down, and put it in the loaf pan, or form it into any desired shape. Let it sit for about 15 minutes, then preheat the oven to 400F/200C.
- Dust flour on top and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the mold, and cool.
- The bay leaf is bitter, so remove it before serving.
Gallery of √ Ancient Rome Bread Recipes
Related Posts for √ Ancient Rome Bread Recipes
Fuji Apple Chicken Salad Panera Bread Copycat from panera bread salad recipe , image source: www.gimmesomeoven.com Ingredients 6 servings 2 slice Whole grain bread (I get mine from Panera!) 1 Garlic salt 3 lb Boneless skinless chicken breast 2 stock Celery 2 cup Light mayo 1 Romaine lettuce 1 Tomato Steps Cook chicken in crockpot on high for 4 hours or on […]
Authentic Irish Soda Bread Recipe from recipe for soda bread , image source: www.popsugar.com Ingredients 4 cups flour 1/4 cup sugar 1 tsp salt 1 tsp baking powder 1/4 cup butter or margarine 1 1/2 cups raisins, cooked * (see below) 4 tbsp raisin juice * (see below) 1 egg 1 1/3 cup buttermilk ** (see below) 1 tsp baking soda Steps Heat Oven to […]
Libum Roman Honey Cakes Eliot s Eats from ancient roman bread recipe , image source: eliotseats.com Ingredients 2 (9 oz) cans of tuna 2 stalks celery 1/3 of a carrot 3/4 of medium onion 1 1/2 slices bread 1/2 cup mayonnaise 1/4 cup Thousand Island 1/2 loosely packed TBS of lemon zest 1 TBS fresh lemon juice 1/2 TBS sugar 1/2 TBS granulated garlic Pinch salt Black […]