Southern Banana Bread Pudding from banana bread pudding recipe , image source: www.favesouthernrecipes.com
- 1 french bread
- 1 unsalted butter
- 2 bananas
- 3 egg yolks
- 870 ml milk (or 3/4 pint)
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp good vanilla essence or 1 vanilla pod
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 nutmeg
- Grease a baking dish with butter.
- slice the french bread and butter the slices. Slice the bananas. Arrange the bread and bananas in the baking dish.
- To make the custard = Heat the milk in a sauce pan with the cinnamon stick and vanilla essence / seeds of vanilla pod. Meanwhile, in a jug, mix the egg yolks and sugar and beat well. Take the milk off the heat just as it begins to boil. Pour into the egg and sugar mix stirring well all the while. When it is mixed well, pour back into the saucepan and simmer for 4-5 mins untill it thickens slightly.
- Pour the custard over the bread and banana so level is just below the tip of the bread, keeping some back for serving later on. Sprinkle the nutmeg over the top. Bake for half hour on 175°F. Serve with remaining custard.
Gallery of √ Banana Bread Pudding Recipe
Related Posts for √ Banana Bread Pudding Recipe
Quick and Easy Naan Bread Recipe yeast free Veggie from quick naan bread recipe , image source: veggiedesserts.co.uk Ingredients 4 servings 200 grams All purpose flour 6 grams Sugar 3 grams Salt 110 ml Water 3 grams Dry yeast Steps Add all the ingredients in a bread maker, select the pizza dough setting and start. When the dough is done, […]
French ion Soup in Sourdough Bread Bowl from sourdough bread bowl recipe , image source: www.fusion-culinaire.com Ingredients 10 servings For the starter: 2 tablespoons (35 grams/1.2 ounces) very active, fully fermented firm sourdough starter, refreshed 8 to 12 hours earlier 1/3 cup (80 grams/2.8 ounces) warm water About 1 cup (135 grams/4.8 ounces) bread flour For final […]
Bananas Foster Bread Pudding Recipe Call Me PMc from recipes for banana bread pudding , image source: www.callmepmc.com Ingredients 6 servings 325 g bread, diced 4 ripe bananas, mashed 1 tbsp sugar 3 eggs, beaten 1 tbsp sesame seeds 250 ml milk 1 tbsp yoghurt 1 tsp cinnamon 2 tsp vanilla extract 100 g raisins Steps 60min On a cutting board, cut the bread into […]