Grandma s Bread Pudding from basic bread pudding recipes , image source: www.livewellbakeoften.com
- 8 cups stale bread that’s been cut into 1-inch cubes (See notes above re: types of bread.)
- 4 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 +3/4 cups whole milk
- 3/4-1 cup sugar, depending on how sweet you like your desserts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (a little less if you’re using regular table salt)
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine all ingredients but the bread in a large mixing bowl and whisk until all sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the bread into the custard mixture and fold gently to coat. Allow it to steep for about 7 minutes, and gently turn again to make sure all the bread is soaked. Allow it to steep another 10 minutes to soak up as much of the custard as possible.
- Generously butter a 9-inch pie dish or 9 x 9 casserole/baking dish and pour in the bread and custard mixture, stirring gently to distribute evenly.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the center is just slightly jiggly and remove from oven to cool. (I’d check at about 35 minutes.) It’s kinda like scrambled eggs in the pan – if they’re firm in the pan, they’ll be overcooked on your plate because the internal heat keeps cooking them.
- Cool for at least 20 minutes to allow it to set.
Gallery of √ Basic Bread Pudding Recipes
Related Posts for √ Basic Bread Pudding Recipes
French Toast Recipe BlogChef from french toast bread recipes , image source: blogchef.net Ingredients Day old bread or rolls, cubed 4 eggs 1/3 Cup milk (dairy or nut) 2 Tbsp Vanilla 1 dash all spice 1 Tbsp cinnamon Syrup of choice (we use a premade sugar free syrup) Steps Find food storage container and fill with cubed bread. I used […]
Yeast Free Bread Recipe Food Vegan Recipes from simple bread recipe no yeast , image source: www.pinterest.com Ingredients 2 cups pancake mix 1/2 cup melted butter 2.5 cups milk 2 eggs Cubed cheddar cheese Garlic powder 2 cups flour Chives Salt & pepper Shredded cheese for the top Diced jalapeño Dried chili flakes Steps Mix all ingredients together & spray […]
Sourdough Doesn t Always Mean Good from san francisco sour dough bread recipe , image source: www.seriouseats.com Ingredients 3 cup Organic Unbleached AP flour 1 tbsp Sugar 2 1/2 tsp Celtic salt 1 .25 oz Active dry yeast 3 cup Sourdough starter 1/3 cup Warm water 1 Additional water and flour to achieve the right dough consistency 1 Crush 1 Vitamin C tablet […]