Basic Pan Dulce Mexican Sweet Bread Recipe from from basic sweet bread recipe , image source: www.cdkitchen.com
- 8 cups stale bread that’s been cut into 1-inch cubes (See notes above re: types of bread.)
- 4 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 +3/4 cups whole milk
- 3/4-1 cup sugar, depending on how sweet you like your desserts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (a little less if you’re using regular table salt)
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine all ingredients but the bread in a large mixing bowl and whisk until all sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the bread into the custard mixture and fold gently to coat. Allow it to steep for about 7 minutes, and gently turn again to make sure all the bread is soaked. Allow it to steep another 10 minutes to soak up as much of the custard as possible.
- Generously butter a 9-inch pie dish or 9 x 9 casserole/baking dish and pour in the bread and custard mixture, stirring gently to distribute evenly.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the center is just slightly jiggly and remove from oven to cool. (I’d check at about 35 minutes.) It’s kinda like scrambled eggs in the pan – if they’re firm in the pan, they’ll be overcooked on your plate because the internal heat keeps cooking them.
- Cool for at least 20 minutes to allow it to set.
Gallery of √ Basic Sweet Bread Recipe
Related Posts for √ Basic Sweet Bread Recipe
flax seed bread recipes from flax seed bread recipe , image source: recipepes.com Ingredients 2 cup flax seed meal 1 tbsp baking powder 1 tsp salt 3 packages Truvia 5 eggs, beaten 1/2 cup water 1/3 cup oil Steps Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare pan (10 x 15 with sides works best) with oiled parchment paper or a silicone mat. Mix […]
Delicious Low Carb Banana Bread Recipe from lo carb banana bread recipe , image source: www.lowcarblab.com Ingredients Wet ingredients 4 over ripe bananas smashed 1/2 C butter at room temp 2 eggs 1 tsp vanilla 1/2 C sour cream Dry ingredients 1 1/2 C flour 1 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp salt 1 C sugar Steps Preheat oven to 350° In a large bowl […]
Bakery from publix breakfast bread recipe , image source: www.fortmyersgroceryservice.com Ingredients Day old bread or rolls, cubed 4 eggs 1/3 Cup milk (dairy or nut) 2 Tbsp Vanilla 1 dash all spice 1 Tbsp cinnamon Syrup of choice (we use a premade sugar free syrup) Steps Find food storage container and fill with cubed bread. I used leftover rolls from […]