Alton Brown’s Chocolate Bread Pudding from bread pudding recipe alton brown , image source: allaboutalton.wordpress.com
- 1 loaf Brioche Bread (about 8 cups when cubed)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup half and half (or 2T cream/2T milk)
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2 quart baking dish with butter, or spray with nonstick spray. My dish measures about 8×11 or so. (9×13 is too big for this in my opinion). Arrange bread cubes in baking dish to fit snug together and as evenly layered as possible.
- Wisk together sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon until well combined. Pour evenly over bread in baking dish. Using the back of a spatula gently press bread down into liquid. Let sit 15-20 minutes for bread to soak up a good amount of the liquid. Press down gently once more (do not “squish”).
- Place in oven. Bake uncovered 45-55 minutes, or until just set in the center and top is golden (mine was 50 minutes). If edges start to brown too much you can loosely cover them with foil, but do not cover the dish completely (you’ll get a soggy top).
- While baking, make your caramel sauce. In a small sauce pan over medium heat wisk together brown sugar and half & half. When it starts to steam wisk in butter until melted. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes, wisking constantly so not to burn. You are looking for it to thicken slightly and turn a nice “caramel” color (it will thicken even more as it cools). Remove from heat and set aside.
- When bread pudding is finished remove from oven. Drizzle caramel sauce over the top. Let cool at least 15 minutes before cutting to serve hot. Or let cool completely then cover tightly with foil. Refrigerate overnight and serve cold. This is how we like it, and frankly I find it tastes best this way!
Gallery of √ Bread Pudding Recipe Alton Brown
Related Posts for √ Bread Pudding Recipe Alton Brown
Healthy Banana Bread Recipe from simple recipes banana bread , image source: www.joyfulhealthyeats.com Ingredients 2 cup purpose flour 1 tsp baking soda Pinch salt 1 cup sugar, or you can add a little bit more 1 egg 1/2 cup vegetables oil, you can use 1/2 cup melted butter instead 3 ripe banana (smash it) 2 tbsp almond milk, you can use any milk […]
Healthy Rye Bread Recipe Healthy Food from recipe for rye bread , image source: www.food.com Ingredients 9 servings 16 grams dried yeast 18 grams salt 30 grams sugar 90 grams butter 300 grams water at 14°C 400 grams Rye flour 350 grams bread flour Steps 1 hour 30 mins pour all ingredients together Into mixer EXCEPT Salt, Work with slow speed for […]
Bread Machine Amish Friendship Bread from bread machine bread recipes , image source: www.friendshipbreadkitchen.com Ingredients 1 1/4 cup warm water 1 1/2 tablespoon coconut or avocado oil 1/3 cup maple syrup or molasses 3 tablespoon cocoa powder 1 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 cup all purpose bread flour 1 cup dark rye flour 1 cup whole wheat flour 2 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast Steps […]