Old Fashioned Bread Pudding With Vanilla Sauce Recipe from bread pudding recipe with sauce , image source: www.landolakes.com
- 1 loaf Brioche Bread (about 8 cups when cubed)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup half and half (or 2T cream/2T milk)
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2 quart baking dish with butter, or spray with nonstick spray. My dish measures about 8×11 or so. (9×13 is too big for this in my opinion). Arrange bread cubes in baking dish to fit snug together and as evenly layered as possible.
- Wisk together sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon until well combined. Pour evenly over bread in baking dish. Using the back of a spatula gently press bread down into liquid. Let sit 15-20 minutes for bread to soak up a good amount of the liquid. Press down gently once more (do not “squish”).
- Place in oven. Bake uncovered 45-55 minutes, or until just set in the center and top is golden (mine was 50 minutes). If edges start to brown too much you can loosely cover them with foil, but do not cover the dish completely (you’ll get a soggy top).
- While baking, make your caramel sauce. In a small sauce pan over medium heat wisk together brown sugar and half & half. When it starts to steam wisk in butter until melted. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes, wisking constantly so not to burn. You are looking for it to thicken slightly and turn a nice “caramel” color (it will thicken even more as it cools). Remove from heat and set aside.
- When bread pudding is finished remove from oven. Drizzle caramel sauce over the top. Let cool at least 15 minutes before cutting to serve hot. Or let cool completely then cover tightly with foil. Refrigerate overnight and serve cold. This is how we like it, and frankly I find it tastes best this way!
Gallery of √ Bread Pudding Recipe with Sauce
Related Posts for √ Bread Pudding Recipe with Sauce
The Very Best Banana Nut Bread CRAZY good butter sugar from banana bread recipe with buttermilk , image source: www.pinterest.com Ingredients note: All ingredients need to be room temperature Ripe bananas are sweet, so you can use 1/4 cup of sugars If you prefer. Mash bananas as smooth or chunky as you like wet ingredients: […]
jamaican banana bread recipe from jamaica banana bread recipe , image source: recipeler.com Ingredients 6 servings 1 stick Butter 1 cup Sugar 1 Egg 3 Ripe Bananas 2 cup Flour 2 tsp Baking Powder 1 tsp Baking Soda 1 tsp Cinnamon 1/4 tsp Nutmeg 1 pinch Salt 1/2 cup Milk 2 tsp Vanilla Optional Ingredients 1/4 cup Rasins or Walnuts (or other nut of your choice) Steps 1 […]
Moist and Delicious Pumpkin Bread Recipe From Old World from recipes for pumpkin bread , image source: oldworldgardenfarms.com Ingredients 2 loaves 1 can (16 ounces) – pure pumpkin puree or 2-3 cups mashed fresh cooked pumpkin 1 2/3 – cups sugar 2/3 cup – vegetable oil 2 tsp – vanilla 4 large – eggs 3 cups – AP flour or wheat […]