Family Favorite Bread Pudding & Rum Sauce Recipe from bread pudding sauce recipe , image source: www.justapinch.com
- bread pudding
- 1 tbsp butter, to grease baking dish
- 1 lb loaf of French or Italian bread
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 4 cup whole milk
- 6 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- whiskey sauce
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup bourbon or whiskey
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- NOTE: Some will want to know if they can cut calories and fat by substituting for the butter, cream, whole milk, eggs. Simple answer, NO. This is a bad-for-you, make-you-moan, decadent, delicious dessert meant to be prepared as written. If you want/need something healthy, this just isn’t for you.
- Tear the bread into 1-inch pieces and place in a very large bowl.
- Grease a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with the butter and set aside.
- Combine the heavy cream, milk, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk to mix. Stir in the raisins and pecan pieces.
- Pour the cream mixture over the bread, and stir to combine. The spices tend to stick to the bowl, so be sure to scrape all the spices into the bowl of bread too. Allow the mixture to sit at room tempTeerature for 1 hour so most of the cream mixture is absorbed by the bread.
- Carefully pour the bread mixture to the buttered baking dish and bake in a 350° F oven until the center of the bread pudding is set, about 1 hour. While it’s baking, prepare the whiskey sauce.
- In a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream, milk, and sugar.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together the whiskey and cornstarch. Pour into the pan with the cream mixture and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir in the butter & the pinch of salt.
- When the bread pudding is done baking, allow to sit and partially cool, for 10 to 15 minutes. Plate servings, while warm, and top with warm whiskey sauce. It’s also excellent with a shot of whipped cream (aerosol can type) on top of the whiskey sauce! Killer good!!
Gallery of √ Bread Pudding Sauce Recipe
Related Posts for √ Bread Pudding Sauce Recipe
Basic Pan Dulce Mexican Sweet Bread Recipe from from basic sweet bread recipe , image source: www.cdkitchen.com Ingredients 6 servings 8 cups stale bread that’s been cut into 1-inch cubes (See notes above re: types of bread.) 4 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk 1 +3/4 cups whole milk 3/4-1 cup sugar, depending on how sweet you like your […]
flax seed bread recipes from flax seed bread recipe , image source: recipepes.com Ingredients 2 cup flax seed meal 1 tbsp baking powder 1 tsp salt 3 packages Truvia 5 eggs, beaten 1/2 cup water 1/3 cup oil Steps Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare pan (10 x 15 with sides works best) with oiled parchment paper or a silicone mat. Mix […]
Raspberry White Chocolate Bread Pudding from chocolate bread pudding recipe , image source: hellolittlehome.com Ingredients 6 servings 1 loaf honey wheat bread 1 cup Chocolate syrup 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon 1/2 cup milk 1/3 piece margarine 4 eggs 1/2 cup chocolate chips Steps 30 mins Spray casserole dish with butter getting all sides Cut bread into cube pieces and […]