Salted Caramel Bread Pudding – Modern Honey from brioche bread pudding recipe , image source: www.modernhoney.com
- 1 loaf Brioche Bread (about 8 cups when cubed)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup half and half (or 2T cream/2T milk)
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2 quart baking dish with butter, or spray with nonstick spray. My dish measures about 8×11 or so. (9×13 is too big for this in my opinion). Arrange bread cubes in baking dish to fit snug together and as evenly layered as possible.
- Wisk together sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon until well combined. Pour evenly over bread in baking dish. Using the back of a spatula gently press bread down into liquid. Let sit 15-20 minutes for bread to soak up a good amount of the liquid. Press down gently once more (do not “squish”).
- Place in oven. Bake uncovered 45-55 minutes, or until just set in the center and top is golden (mine was 50 minutes). If edges start to brown too much you can loosely cover them with foil, but do not cover the dish completely (you’ll get a soggy top).
- While baking, make your caramel sauce. In a small sauce pan over medium heat wisk together brown sugar and half & half. When it starts to steam wisk in butter until melted. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes, wisking constantly so not to burn. You are looking for it to thicken slightly and turn a nice “caramel” color (it will thicken even more as it cools). Remove from heat and set aside.
- When bread pudding is finished remove from oven. Drizzle caramel sauce over the top. Let cool at least 15 minutes before cutting to serve hot. Or let cool completely then cover tightly with foil. Refrigerate overnight and serve cold. This is how we like it, and frankly I find it tastes best this way!
Gallery of √ Brioche Bread Pudding Recipe
Related Posts for √ Brioche Bread Pudding Recipe
Perfect Banana Bread moist just sweet enough & so easy from banana bread recipe easy , image source: bakingamoment.com Ingredients 3 Very ripe bananas, peeled 1/3 cup Melted butter 1 cup Sugar 1 Egg,beaten 1 tsp Vanilla extract 1 tsp Baking soda 1 pinch Salt 1 1/2 cup All-purpose flour Steps Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and butter a 4×8-inch loaf pan. […]
Cinnamon Raisin Bread For Bread Machine Recipe from cinnamon raisin bread machine recipe , image source: www.justapinch.com Ingredients 1 cup milk 3 tbsp butter/margarine 1 egg 3 tbsp liquid honey 1 tbsp brown sugar 1 tsp salt 2 tsp ground cinnamon 3 cup all-purpose flour 2 1/4 tsp bread yeast 1 cup raisins Steps Add ingredients in order as listed. Set bread machine to Sweet […]