Classic Sourdough Bread BigOven from classic sourdough bread recipe , image source: www.bigoven.com
- 2 cup warm water
- 6 cup flour
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp honey or sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- In a large bowl, combine the water, sourdough starter and 4- cups of flour.
- Mix well and cover with plastic wrap in a warm place 8-12 hours, or over night.
- Stir in the salt and honey and add flour 1/2- cup at a time to make a very stiff dough.
- Knead till smooth.
- Cover and let rise 2- hours.
- Punch down and divide in half.
- Knead till smooth and form into rounds. Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover lightly and let rise till double and puffy (2-hours.)
- While this is rising mix the 1/2- cup water and 1/2- teaspoon cornstarch in a small bowl and microwave till boiling, remove from heat and let cool.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Carefully place a small pan of hot water on the bottom rack of the oven.
- Cut two slashes across each other on the top of each loaf.
- Bake for 10- minutes.
- Pull out the rack and baste each loaf well with the cornstarch mixture.
- Close the oven and allow to bake another 20-25- minutes. Loafs should be light golden color and sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Allow to cool 2-hours to develop the sourdough flavor fully.
Gallery of √ Classic sourdough Bread Recipe
Related Posts for √ Classic sourdough Bread Recipe
Aloha Hawaiian Banana Bread Recipe food from banana bread recipe hawaii , image source: www.pinterest.com Ingredients 5 browned bananas 1 stick unsalted real butter 2 eggs 4 tablespoon sour cream .5 cup ground pecans .5 cup chopped pecans 2 cups flour .5 teaspoon salt .5 teaspoon baking soda 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1 tablespoon cinnamon 1.5 cups brown sugar Honey Steps 1 hour 15 mins Preheat oven […]
naan recipe butter naan recipe from recipes for naan bread , image source: www.youtube.com Ingredients 1 1/2 Cup Flour 1/4 Cup Whisked Yogurt 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder 1/2 tsp Salt 1/2 tsp Sugar Water as required Paneer Curry 1 Onion Chopped 1 Pack Paneer 2 Tomato Chopped 4 Clove Ginger 1 Inch Ginger 1/2 Tsp Cumin seed 2 tbsp Butter and oil 1 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder 7 Cashews […]
English Muffin Recipes CDKitchen from english muffin bread machine recipe , image source: www.cdkitchen.com Ingredients 6 servings 200 grams Bread flour 30 grams Mochiko 20 grams Cake flour 20 grams Sugar 4 grams Salt 20 grams Butter 120 grams Milk 55 grams Water 4 grams Dry yeast 1 Corn starch Steps Add all the ingredients other than the corn starch into a bread machine, and […]