9 Bread Recipes You Knead to Make Immediately from crusty italian bread recipe , image source: www.alive.com
- 1 cup warm water heated to 100 degrees F
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cup bread flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 (1/4 oz) pkg active dry yeast
- 1 cornmeal (for sprinkling on pan)
- 1 egg white beaten (for brushing the top of bread)
- lightly spoon flour into measuring cup and level off.
- in a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, and yeast. mix well.
- add warm water and oil. mix well. at this point I let the dough rest for about 10 minutes.
- turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. knead dough 10 minutes or until soft and smooth.
- place dough in a lightly greased bowl. cover with plastic wrap and cloth towel. let rise in a warm place until doubled. usually anywhere from 40 minutes to 1 1/2 hours.
- sprinkle ungreased cookie sheet with cornmeal.
- turn out dough and punch it down. cover dough with inverted bowl and allow to rest on counter for 15 minutes.
- shape dough into baguette-shaped loaf about 12 inches long. place on cornmeal-coated cookie sheet. cover and let rise in warm place for 30 – 45 minutes ot until doubled in size.
- pre-heat oven to 350°F
- with a very sharp knife, make 1 deep lengthwise slash down center of the top of the loaf. brush loaf with egg white.
- bake for 25 – 35 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped lightly.
- make sure to stop and enjoy the touch and feel of the dough… and smells coming from your oven and filling your kitchen from baking your own bread
- allow loaf to cool. .. slice it up… and enjoy
Gallery of √ Crusty Italian Bread Recipe
Related Posts for √ Crusty Italian Bread Recipe
Paleo Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread Bakerita from paleo banana bread recipe , image source: www.bakerita.com Ingredients 3 Bananas 3 Eggs 1 tbsp Vanilla extract 1 tbsp Honey 1/4 cup Extra virgin coconut oil 2 cup Blanched almond flour 1 tsp Celtic sea salt 1 tsp Baking soda Steps 1. Place bananas, eggs, vanilla, honey and shortening in a food processor.2. Pulse ingredients together.3. […]
Deb s Lunch … and dinner and breakfast too › Long rise no from ancient grain bread recipe , image source: debslunch.com Ingredients 2 Slices of bread (any kind, but I use Ancient Grains) 1 Egg White 1 A dash of butter or your favorite cooking oil (mine is coconut oil) 1 A dash of seasoned salt 1 A dash […]
Lemon Poppy Seed Bread with Lemon Icing Jo Cooks from lemon poppy seed bread recipes , image source: www.jocooks.com Ingredients 3-4 servings 500 grams flour 15 grams yeast 15 grams poppy seeds 20 ml oil 1 tablespoon sugar 1 Pinch salt 20 grams lemon zest 3-4 tablespoon Mixed fruit jam Steps 30 minutes Mix all ingredients except jam with warm water to a […]