Challah Bread Recipe How to Make Challah Tutorial The from easy challah bread recipe , image source: www.themediterraneandish.com
- 5 lbs high gluten flour
- 1 cold + 3 hot c water
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c honey
- 4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 oz yeast
- Dissolve yeast in a cup of warm water (which will become your cup of cold water) with a tbsp of sugar note to self: break up yeast for quicker activation
- Add 3 cups of very hot water top the dough mixer
- Add oil, eggs, sugar, honey, salt, flour and yeast
- Mix for 3 minutes
- Oil your largest bowl sparingly and place dough in. Cover dough with a damp dishcloth and let dough rise for a 1/2 hour.
- After the dough has risen for a 1/2 hr punch it down, flip it over, cover it with the damp towel and let it rise for an additional 45 minutes.
- Make an hafrashas challah (Jewish blessing on bread) and start braiding
- Once you’ve braided and placed it in your tin pans let it rise yet again for 45 min (all this rising should make the bread come out nice and fluffy)
- Once 45 min are up or they have risen sufficiently brush some eggwash for a nice golden shine and sprinkle sugar on them for a sweet crunch! bake on 175-380 until a golden-dark brown for 20-30 min or longer. Keep checking on them.
- Bake on 175-180° unitl a golden–dark brown for 30-45 min or longer. Keep checking on ’em!
Gallery of √ Easy Challah Bread Recipe
Related Posts for √ Easy Challah Bread Recipe
Easy Ooey Gooey Monkey Bread Afropolitan Mom from easy recipes for monkey bread , image source: www.theafropolitanmom.com Ingredients Many Times 3 Cans Pillsbury Biscuits 1 1/2 Cup Sugar 1 Cup Cinnamon 1 1/2 Stick Butter 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar Chopped Walnuts (Optional) Steps 1 -1 1/2 hr. Preheat Over To 350° Spray Bundt Pan or Tube Pan With Pam 9-10″ […]
Crockpot Pumpkin Bread Pudding HOLLY S CHEAT DAY from crock pot bread pudding recipe , image source: www.hollyscheatday.com Ingredients 8 eggs, beaten 4 cups milk 2/3 cup sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp vanilla 6 cups dry French bread cubes 2/3 cup raisins Steps In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Place the dry bread cubes in […]
Ciabatta Buns Recipe from recipes for ciabatta bread , image source: associationavh.com Ingredients 1 packages (2 and 1/4 teaspoons) yeast 1 1/2 cup hot water, like you would use to wash your hands. Not too hot! 4 cup bread flour (all purpose also works, but not preferred.) 1 1/4 tbsp sugar 2 tsp table salt 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 3 […]