Easy Irish Brown Bread Recipe Chowhound from irish brown bread recipe , image source: www.chowhound.com
- 2 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cup flour
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Spray a pan or metal cans (we use tomatao juice cans) with cooking spray. Pour in mixture until cans are half full. Cover tops with tinfoil.
- Place covered cans in a large pot and add hot water. Approximately halfway up the cans inside. Any more and cans will float. Cover pot with a lid and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 hour. Do not remove lid unless you must add more water. If more water is required stop the timer until a boil is once again reached.
- After the 1 hour, Remove cans and remove the tinfoil. Bread should be rounded at the top, and a knife should come out clean. Once bread has cooled for approximately 15 minutes turn cans upside down and slide out loaf of bread. Allow to cool a bit before slicing.
- NOTE: As some have asked, I use cams that hold 5 cups if liquid. They measure 4″in diameter and are 6″ tall. The recipe will make 3 cans of bread. You may also weigh the cans down with a plate if you find them bouncing around in the boiling water.
Gallery of √ Irish Brown Bread Recipe
Related Posts for √ Irish Brown Bread Recipe
Homemade Garlic Bread from homemade garlic bread recipe , image source: missapplebutter.wordpress.com Ingredients 1 loaf frozen garlic bread 1 can tomato sauce (8oz) 1 tsp oregeno 1 tsp parsley 1 tsp basil 1/2 tbsp garlic powder 1 tbsp honey Pepperoni Mozzarella cheese Grated Parmesan cheese Steps Preheat oven to 425°F Lay parted garlic bread loafs on ungreased baking sheet In a small […]
Cranberry Orange Irish Soda Bread Kitchen Treaty from cranberry orange bread recipe , image source: www.kitchentreaty.com Ingredients 2 cup flour 1/2 cup sugar 1 tbs baking powder 1/2 tsp salt rind of a orange 2/3 cup fresh orange juice 2 eggs,beaten 6 tbs butter(or margarine)melted 1 1/4 cup fresh cranberries 1/2 cup chopped walnuts Steps Preheat oven 350F,line the bottom of the sides of […]
Authentic Irish Soda Bread Recipe from recipe for soda bread , image source: www.popsugar.com Ingredients 4 cups flour 1/4 cup sugar 1 tsp salt 1 tsp baking powder 1/4 cup butter or margarine 1 1/2 cups raisins, cooked * (see below) 4 tbsp raisin juice * (see below) 1 egg 1 1/3 cup buttermilk ** (see below) 1 tsp baking soda Steps Heat Oven to […]