Italian Cheese Bread Recipe Food from italian cheese bread recipe , image source: www.food.com
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon each:
- Onion powder, garlic powder, basil, oregano, parsley
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan romano cheese
- 5 1/2-6 cups bread flour
- 1 egg beaten for eggwash
- Melted butter for brushing after baked
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water (110 degrees)
- While yeast is proofing, mix flour, spices, salt and cheese together until well combined.
- When yeast is frothy, add softened butter and add mixture to flour mixture.
- I use my bread machine on dough cycle but you can use mixer with hook attachment or knead by hand.
- Knead until a soft ball forms and pulls away from sides of bowl. It should feel smooth and when you touch it should not stick to finger.
- If it is to sticky, add a few tablespoons of bread flour and knead until consistency described above. If it is dry, add teaspoon of water at a time and refer to above instructions.
- The dough should be smooth and elastic. Knead for 10 minutes with hook and check.
- When dough is smooth and elastic, grease a large bowl with oil or cooking spray.
- Roll dough in bowl to cover with oil and cover. Let rise until double in size.
- Punch down dough and turn out on lightly floured surface.
- Roll out dough to rectangle. I usually roll out 9×13. If you want smaller loaves roll out larger and it makes more also.
- Spread with softened butter. I add garlic and herbs to my butter but its optional.
- With sharp knife of pizza cutter, cut into 4 equal pieces. More if rolled out larger. Roll each piece wider.
- Roll each piece up from long side like making cinnamon or jelly rolls. Pinch ends together and tuck under.
- Repeat with remaining dough. You should have 4 loaves.
- Place seam side down in 9×13 inch pan width wise not lenghth.
- I sometime put shredded cheese on dough with butter before rolling. Roll out to 9×13 and roll long side up jelly roll style. Cut into equal pieces. Place in oiled 9×13 dish. Rise and brush with egg wash, cheese and herbs. Bake until golden and cooked through. Brush with garlic herb butter.
- Brush with oil and cover. Let rise until double in size.
- Brush tops with eggwash. Sprinkle with more parmesan cheese and herbs if desired. I also top with shredded cheese also.
- Bake at 325 for 35 to 45 minutes. If tops are browning to fast, cover with foil.
- Test for doneness after 30 minutes. I cook on lower temp longer because of all the layers it takes a bit to cook through.
- When done, brush with butter or garlic butter with parsley.
Gallery of √ Italian Cheese Bread Recipe
Related Posts for √ Italian Cheese Bread Recipe
You Like Cheese Garlic Bread Spread Recipe Food from garlic bread spread recipe , image source: www.food.com Ingredients 10 slices 2 garlic (grated) 3 tbsp unsalted butter (melted) 2 tbsp dried oregano Steps 10 minutes Mix the melted butter with the grated garlic. Then spread it on the bread. Sprinkle the dried oregano. Put them on the oven […]
Moist & Delicious Zucchini Bread Recipe Easy Too My 3 from zucchini bread recipes easy , image source: www.my3littlekittens.com Ingredients 1 loaf 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup granulated sugar 1 large egg, at room temperature 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, at room temperature 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract 3/4 cup whole wheat flour […]
Honey Oat Bread from honey oat bread recipe , image source: www.tagsisyoureit.com Ingredients 10 servings 1 Envelope Yeast (2-1/4 tsp) 2 tsp Salt 1/4 cup Honey 3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted 1-1/3 cup Warm Water 3 cups Bread Flour 1 cup Old Fashioned or Quick Oats 1/3 cup Non Fat Dry Milk Powder 2 Tbsp Honey, warmed up a bit so it’s runny for […]