Rustic Sourdough Bread Recipe from king arthur bread recipes , image source: www.kingarthurflour.com
- 4 cups bread flour + extra for dusting
- 3 tsp herbs de Provence
- 2 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp instant dry yeast
- 1.5 cups warm water
- 1 egg for eggwash, lightly beaten
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl and form a well in the center
- Add 1.5 cups of warm water gradually and stir
- Knead dough with hands, dusting with extra flour if dough is sticky until a soft smooth dough is formed
- Rest the dough in a well greased bowl, covered with an oiled cling wrap for 1 hour in a warm place. Dough should be more than doubled in size by now.
- Remove dough and place on a flourboard/work surface lightly dusted with flour. Gently punch out air pockets and shape dough into a circle by folding and pinching dough.
- Place dough on a greased baking sheet and rest for another 30-45 minute for 2nd rise. Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius in the meantime.
- Slice the top of the bread with decorative patterns using a sharp knife and brush surface of dough with eggwash. Bake in the oven for 30-35min until bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped. Leave to cool for 30min before slicing.
- Serve warm with soups/olive oil or use it to make sandwiches. Voila! All done!
- Note: dough will be a little sticky and soft. Dust with extra flour as needed.
Gallery of √ King Arthur Bread Recipes
Related Posts for √ King Arthur Bread Recipes
Seeded Multigrain Bread Recipe from multigrain seeded bread recipe , image source: www.myrecipes.com Ingredients 2 cup all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 4 large eggs 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar 1/2 cup vegetable oil or canola oil 1/2 cup sour cream 2 tsp vanilla extract 1 cup fresh grated raw beets 1 1/2 […]
sourdough bread starter from recipe for sourdough bread starter , image source: recipeler.com Ingredients 10 servings starter: 1 package(2 1/4 TSP) Active Dry Yeast 1/4 cup warm water (110°F) 1 cup granulated sugar 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 cup milk (non-fat is okay) feedings(2): 2 cups granulated sugar, divided 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided 2 cup milk, divided (non-fat is okay) for the […]
Afghan Naan Bread Recipe Naan Khasa and Paraki from recipe for naan bread , image source: www.youtube.com Ingredients 1 1/2 Cup Flour 1/4 Cup Whisked Yogurt 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder 1/2 tsp Salt 1/2 tsp Sugar Water as required Paneer Curry 1 Onion Chopped 1 Pack Paneer 2 Tomato Chopped 4 Clove Ginger 1 Inch Ginger 1/2 Tsp Cumin seed 2 tbsp Butter and oil 1 1/2 […]