Leftover Cornbread Orange Cornmeal Pancakes – Susan Spouts from leftover corn bread recipes , image source: www.susanspouts.com
- My Buttermilk Corn Muffins Batter:
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted or canned green chilies, well drained (I used the fire roasted jalapeños leftover from our party)
- 4 cups shredded carnitas or pulled pork. If pork wasn’t cooked in a sauce, you can mix it with 1/2 to 3/4 cup salsa of choice
- 2 cups refried or stewed beans
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used cheddar because that’s what I had in the fridge.)
- 1 jalapeño, cut into 1/8″ thick slices
- 1 (16 ounce) tub of sour cream or Mexican crema agria to serve on the side
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- While oven is preheating, make Buttermilk Corn Muffins Batter and add in green chilies.
- In a 9″x 13″ casserole or baking dish, layer the pork first, then beans, then cheese.
- Spread batter evenly over the layered ingredients and bake on center rack for 20 minutes.
- Brush the top of cornbread with buttermilk (or just run a stick of butter over the entire surface area), dot with jalapeño slices, and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the casserole comes out dry and clean indicating that the batter has baked through.
- Serve with sour cream on the side.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Gallery of √ Leftover Corn Bread Recipes
Related Posts for √ Leftover Corn Bread Recipes
Whole Wheat Zucchini Herb Bread Bread Machine Recipe from zucchini bread recipe for bread machine , image source: www.food.com Ingredients 1 teaspoon olive oil 300 ml water 650-700 gr wholewheat flour 1 teaspoon dry yeast 2 teaspoon sugar 1 teaspoon salt 2 tablespoon flaxseed (optional) Steps 3 mins Pour warm water and oil into pan Add flour Add sugar, salt, yeast And […]
Zucchini Bread Recipe from recipes for zucchini bread , image source: www.simplyrecipes.com Ingredients 3 eggs 1 cup vegetable oil 2 cups sugar 2 cups zucchini 3 tsp vanilla 3 cups flour 1 tsp salt 1 tsp baking soda 1/4 tsp baking powder 3 tsp cinnamon 1 cup walnuts 2 tbsp orange peel (opt) Steps Beat eggs, add next four ingredients Beat slightly, than add flour mixture Grease […]
Quick & Easy Banana Nut Bread Recipe from homemade banana nut bread recipe , image source: www.justapinch.com Ingredients Bread 1-1/2 cups almond flour 1 cup coconut flour 1 tablespoon peanut butter 1/4 cup sour cream 3 ripe bananas 1 teaspoons vanilla extract 3 large eggs 1 teaspoons baking soda 2/3 cup honey Whole Nuts 1/2 cup walnuts 1 cup cashew nuts Spices 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/2 […]