Mexican Sweet Bread Pan dulce recipes from mexican sweet bread recipe , image source: www.pinterest.com
- 3 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (105°-115°F)
- 1/2 cup lukewarm milk (scalded then cooled)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter (softened)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (possibly 4 cups)
- flavored topping dough
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp orange zest
3 hours 20 mins
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in large bowl.
- Stir in milk, sugar, butter, salt, egg and 2 cups of the flour
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Place in a large greased bowl, then turn greased side up.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until double, about 1 1/2 hours. The dough is ready if it leaves an indentation when touched.
- Meanwhile, prepare Flavored Topping Dough. Refer to step 12
- Once your concha bread dough has rised, Punch dough down; divide into 12 equal pieces.
- Shape each piece into a ball place on greased cookie sheet.
- FLAVORED TOPPING DOUGH: Beat sugar and margarine until light and fluffy.
- Topping Dough: Stir in flour until mixture is the consistency of thick paste.Divide into 3 equal parts.
- Topping Dough: Stir cinnamon into one part, vanilla extract (coconut extract is delicious as well) into one part and orange zest into another part. I like to also color the vanilla and orange zest parts with food coloring the cinnamon part will be brown on its own.
- Divide each part of topping dough into 4 equal pieces. (So you should have twelve all together)
- Pat each piece into a 3-inch circle.Place 1 circle of Topping Dough on each ball of dough, shaping it down over the ball.
- Make 5 or 6 cuts across the topping, using a table knife, to form a shell pattern. Cover and let rise until double about 40 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Bake buns until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Gallery of √ Mexican Sweet Bread Recipe
Related Posts for √ Mexican Sweet Bread Recipe
52 Ways to Cook Honey Wheat Bread BREAD MACHINE EASY 52 from honey wheat bread machine recipe , image source: erecipecards.blogspot.com Ingredients 12 servings bread 1 1/4 cup warm water (+3 tbsp) (NOT HOT WATER) 1/4 cup honey 1 1/2 tsp yeast 1 1/2 tbsp milk powder 1 cup rolled oats 1 cup all-purpose white flour 2 cup whole wheat flour 2 […]
Simple Banana Bread Recipe A Spark of Creativity from banana bread recipe with 3 bananas , image source: asparkofcreativity.com Ingredients 1 box yellow cake mix 3 ripe bananas 2 eggs 1 chocolate syrup Steps Preheat oven at 350 Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix Grease a loaf pan, add mix to pan and add chocolate syrup on […]