This “pan dulce” sweet bread is called “conchas” in from mexican sweet bread recipes , image source: www.pinterest.com.mx
- For Bread :
- 75 gr warm milk
- 15 gr dry active yeast
- 500 gr bread flour
- 100 gr granulated sugar
- 30 gr whole milk powder
- 5 large eggs
- 7 gr salt
- 125 gr unsalted butter
- For Filling :
- 24 cubes salted butter (about 5 grams each)
- For Topping :
- 2/3 cup (135 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (113 gr) unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (130 gr) all purpose flour
- Add 1 tbsp of sugar and yeast into the warm milk. Mix well then let stand until frothy (about 5 minutes).
- Add the flour, the remaining sugar, powdered milk, eggs and yeast mixture into a heavy duty mixer bowl with dough hook. Knead until everything is well blended. Add salt. Knead until the dough comes together. Add butter. Knead until smooth and elastic (if the dough is being stretched it will not get torn and look transparant).
- Put the dough in a greased big bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and allow it to rise in a warm place until doubled.
- While waiting for the dough to proof, make the topping
Put the sugar, butter and vanilla extract into a mixer bowl. Beat until light and fluffy. Stir in flour and mix until a thick dough forms. Divide dough into as many flavor as you want. Add flavor or food colors. Knead until well mixed. Cover pieces with plastic wrap and put in the fridge until ready for use.
- When the dough is ready, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. At this point, take the topping out of the fridge. Divide the dough into 24 even pieces. Fill each dough with one cube salted butter and shape each piece into a ball (make sure to pinch the dough really well so the filling will not leak). Place the dough buns on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Flatten each of them a little bit.
- Devide the topping into 24 pieces. Sprinkle flour onto work surface lightly. Roll out each pieces into a round shape as same as the diameter of the bun surface.
- Transfer the topping rounds to the buns using an offset spatula. If the paste doesn’t want to stick naturally, use a pastry brush to apply dots of water on the underside before applying to the buns. Score lines into the topping to resemble the ridges on a seashell by using a small knife with a pointing tip. Allow the buns to rise on the baking sheet until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake the buns for 10 minutes or until lightly brown
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container.
Gallery of √ Mexican Sweet Bread Recipes
Related Posts for √ Mexican Sweet Bread Recipes
Pumpkin Bread Cook With Manali from pumpkin bread recipe moist , image source: www.cookwithmanali.com Ingredients 2 servings dry ingredients 3 1/2 cup flour 2 tsp baking soda 1 1/2 tsp salt 2 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp nutmeg 3 cup sugar wet ingredients 1 cup oil 4 eggs 2 cup pumpkin 2/3 cup water 1 Pam for baking Steps 1 hour 10 mins Preheat oven 350. Grease […]
Basic Homemade Bread Recipe from easy bread dough recipe , image source: www.tasteofhome.com Ingredients 6 cups all purpose flour 1/2 tsp instant or active dry yeast 2 1/2 tsp salt 2 2/3 cup warm water Steps In a large bowl combine dry ingredients. Add water, stir until ingredients are well incorporated; the dough should be wet and sticky Cover […]
Cinnamon Bread No Yeast Quick Bread from cinnamon yeast bread recipe , image source: www.fivehearthome.com Ingredients 8 servings for the dough 4 large egg yolks, room temperature 1 large whole egg, room temperature 2 ounces sugar, approximately 1/4 cup 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted 1 teaspoon cold butter for lubricating baking dish 3/4 cup buttermilk, room temperature 15 ounces all-purpose flour divided […]