Store any leftovers in a paper bag as plastic will make from pretzel recipe bread machine , image source: www.momknowsbest.net
- 3/4 cup warm water ( 110 to 115 degree )
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 1/4 cup flour. I use bread flour
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 10 cup water
- 2/3 cup baking soda
- 1 large egg, beaten well
- 1 Pretzel or course kosher salt
- 8 cheesy hot dogs or smoked sausage
- Combine the 3/4 cup warm water, sugar and kosher salt and mix well. Sprinkle yeast on top. Let sit about 5 minutes or until mixture starts to look foamy.
- Add the flour and butter. Mix on low speed with dough hook attachment. Can also make in bread machine using dough setting, or knead by hand.
- Mix on medium speed until dough pulls away from sides and is smooth. About 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the dough from mixer and place in large oiled bowl. Roll around to cover dough with oil slightly.
- Cover and let rise until double in size. Preheat oven to 450°F.
- line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and brush with a little oil.
- Bring the 10 cups of water to a rolling boil and then add the baking soda. Be careful it will foam up so make sure you use deep pan.
- Take risen dough and divide into 8 equal pieces. With your hands stretch each piece into a long rope. about 12 inches long.
- With hands or rolling pin, roll the ropes flat. To me it looks like big noodles at this point. Starting at one end of hotdog, start rolling dough ropes around hotdogs in a spiral pattern until all the dogs are covered. I like pinching dough around ends to seal.
- Place the pretzels into water/soda mixture one at a time for 30 seconds. Remove with slotted spoon to drain excess water from them and place back on cookie sheet lined with oiled parchment.
- Brush dogs with egg and water mixture and sprinkle with salt to your taste.
- Bake for !0 – 12 minutes or until browned to your liking. I like mine medium browned but it up to you. Just keep an eye out so they don’t overcook.
- When done let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving. Eat alone or with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Can also be made with little smokies or meat of your choice cut into about 2 inch pieces. Making the bite size will produce more and are great for kids and parties.
Gallery of √ Pretzel Recipe Bread Machine
Related Posts for √ Pretzel Recipe Bread Machine
1 minute bread machine recipe This is the most fun from simple bread machine recipes , image source: www.pinterest.com Ingredients 1 1/2 cups water 1 1/2 tsp salt 3 tsp sugar 2 tps butter 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour 1 1/2 tsp bread machine yeast Steps Put the ingredients in the machine in this order: water, sugar, salt, butter, flour, […]
The Most Moist Banana Bread with a Sour Cream Chocolate Glaze from banana bread recipe from scratch , image source: fromscratchmostly.com Ingredients 3 Very ripe bananas, peeled 1/3 cup Melted butter 1 cup Sugar 1 Egg,beaten 1 tsp Vanilla extract 1 tsp Baking soda 1 pinch Salt 1 1/2 cup All-purpose flour Steps Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and butter a 4×8-inch […]
Apple Rhubarb Bread Recipe from recipes for rhubarb bread , image source: www.tasteofhome.com Ingredients 24 servings 3/4 cup granulated sugar 1 1/2 cup rhubarb, chopped 1 cup brown sugar 3/4 cup butter 4 eggs 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 1 tsp baking soda 1 1/2 tsp baking powder 1 cup buttermilk, or, 1 cup of milk with 1 tablespoon of white vinegar mixed in […]