Homemade Pita Bread Recipe NYT Cooking from quick pita bread recipe , image source: cooking.nytimes.com
- 300 g strong white flour
- 200 g plain flour
- 8 g fresh or 1 tsp fast action yeast
- 1 tbsp. caster sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 325 g warm water
- Mix the flours with the salt, yeast (even if using fresh, just crumble it in) and sugar in a large bowl or the bowl of a standing mixer. Add the oil and water and mix to a soft sticky dough. Leave for 10 minutes, then knead briefly by hand or mix with a dough hook attachment. Leave for another 10 minutes, then repeat the kneading twice again. The final dough should be smooth, elastic and stop sticking to your hands and bounce off the sides of the bowl in a standing mixer. Leave covered for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to your highest setting (250C/485F/gas 9, or whatever you can get). Place a baking sheet in the oven to get it very hot.
- Turn the rested dough onto a floured surface and divide into 9-10 pieces, about 90g each. Shape them into balls, cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rest for 15 minutes. Roll out each ball, one or two at a time, reasonably thin, into oval shapes – about 5mm thick.
- Place one or two pitas on the preheated baking sheet and bake for 3 to 5 minutes until they puff up and only just start to colour. Cool on a wire rack covered with a cloth, to keep them moist.
Gallery of √ Quick Pita Bread Recipe
Related Posts for √ Quick Pita Bread Recipe
The BEST Bread Pudding Recipe Old Fashioned With Video from easy bread pudding recipes , image source: fantabulosity.com Ingredients 6 servings 6 slice Bread 75 ml brown sugar 1/4 tbsp salt 75 ml raisins 500 ml milk 75 ml butter 2 eggs 4 pinch milk powder 4 pinch ground cinnamon Steps 30 mins Cut breads into cubes. Spread bread cubes in an 20 cm […]
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Chia Seed Pudding Recipe from chocolate chip bread pudding recipe , image source: publiclivessecretrecipes.com Ingredients 10 servings 1/4 loaf bread 1 packages chocolate chips 2 small eggs 1/2 cup milk 1/2 cup double cream 2 tbsp balies 2 tbsp brown sugar Steps 15 mins cut bread into chunks and mix with chocolate chips mix together milk, balies, brown […]
Beer Bread – Tina s Chic Corner from beer bread recipe with yeast , image source: tinaschic.com Ingredients 1 bottle Leinenkugel summer shandy 3 1/2 cups unbleached bread flower 1 packet (or 2.5 tablespoons) of active dry yeast Olive oil Bread seasonings or salt, sugar Steps In a large mixing bowl: combine bread flower, yeast and seasonings. Stir […]