Daughter Asks Mom for Homemade Bread Recipe Immediately from recipe for homemade bread , image source: www.thehollywoodgossip.com
- 3/4 cups Shortening
- 2 tbsp Dry Yeast (2 packets)
- 32 oz Water (100-110*)
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- 6-8 cups All Purpose Flour
- Melt shortening and set it aside to cool
- Thoroughly mix yeast and water into a large bowl. All yeast must be dissolved.
- Stir in salt, sugar, and cooled shortening until thoroughly dissolved (about 2 minutes)
- Stir in 3 cups of flour
- Stir in an additional 2 cups of flour
- As need, or if needed, stir in another cup of flour to desired consistency. The mixer should be slightly sticky, but not impossibly to knead.
- Knead the dough for 8 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a different dish while you wash and dry the bowl.
- Grease the clean/dry bowl.
- Return the dough to the bowl
- Cover the dough and allow it to rise on the stove-top over a warm oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. (do not turn the stove-top on)
- Knead dough 1 minute, flip, and knead 1 more minute
- Cover and allow dough to rise for an additional 45 minutes to one hour
- Grease 5 bread pans
- Divide dough into 5 equal pieces and place into greased bread pans
- Cover dough and allow it to rise for 45 minutes. It should be about 1 inch above the top of the pan.
- Bake at 375* for 25 minutes
- Once baked brush melted butter onto all sides of the bread.
- Allow bread to cool before putting the loaves into bread bags.
- Enjoy. Repeat.
Gallery of √ Recipe for Homemade Bread
Related Posts for √ Recipe for Homemade Bread
Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce lighter recipe recipe from betty crocker bread pudding recipe , image source: www.tablespoon.com Ingredients 1 loaf sliced cinnamon raisin bread, ends removed and cut into 1 inch cubes 3 cups eggnog 3 eggs 1/2 cup sugar 1/2 cup pecan pieces Hand full of chocolate chips optional Caramel sauce optional Powdered sugar for dusting optional Steps […]
Whole Wheat Banana Bread Sallys Baking Addiction from whole wheat banana bread recipe , image source: sallysbakingaddiction.com Ingredients 12 people 2 cups mashed very ripe bananas 4 tablespoons honey 4 tablespoons oil 2 large eggs 2 tsp vanilla extract 2 tablespoons milk 2 cups whole wheat flour 3 teaspoons baking powder Pinch salt 1 cup chopped walnuts Steps Preheat oven to 350F and grease a […]
Fresh Spinach Dip in a Bread Bowl Peas And Crayons from spinach dip bread bowl recipe , image source: peasandcrayons.com Ingredients 3 containers Pillsbury French bread roll 8 ounce cream cheese package 1/2 cup shredded cheese for dip knos vegetable soup mix 1 package chopped spinach frozen handful cooked artichoke hearts 1/2 cup shredded cheese for top of dip 1 cup mayonnaise […]