Pita Bread Authentic Recipe from recipe for pita bread , image source: www.196flavors.com
- 1 Cup sourdough starter
- 1 1/2 Cup kamut flour (or spelt flour, whole wheat)
- 1/2 Cup Rye flour (or rice, mashed potatoe)
- 2 cup white flour
- 2 Tsp your favorite super seed(flax, chia, quinoa,sesame)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup room temperature water (after boiling)
- Mix all dry ingredients first then add liquid. Slowly adding water to your mixing bowl while incorporate all ingredients together by hand. Knead your dough into a big smooth ball.
- Separate the dough into 4 equal parts and roll them into 4 smaller balls. Press down and roll the dough into 4 oval shape at about 1/4 inch thickness. Gently transfer the dough into 2 gallon size ziplock bags and allow them to rise at 90F oven(lamp only) for 6 hours or overnight on your countertop at room temperature about 65F.
- The next morning, heat your oven to 400 F degree. Transfer your dough onto a large metal non-sticking baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes on one side then 2 minutes on the other. You will see the bread puff up to form a large pocket. If no pocket forms, it still taste delicious.
Gallery of √ Recipe for Pita Bread
Related Posts for √ Recipe for Pita Bread
Jim Lahey’s No Knead Bread from no knead bread recipe , image source: www.agardenforthehouse.com Ingredients 1 loaf sliced cinnamon raisin bread, ends removed and cut into 1 inch cubes 3 cups eggnog 3 eggs 1/2 cup sugar 1/2 cup pecan pieces Hand full of chocolate chips optional Caramel sauce optional Powdered sugar for dusting optional Steps Preheat oven to 350Lightly […]
no knead honey whole wheat bread from recipe for wholewheat bread , image source: www.pinterest.com Ingredients 3 cups + 1/2 cup Wholewheat flour extra if needed 3 tsp Yeast 5 tbsp Sugar 1 tsp Salt 1 cup Warm water 2 Eggs 4 tbsp + 2 tbsp Butter As needed Seeds to sprinkle Steps In a bowl take the yeast & add the sugar.Add […]
Easy Honey Wheat Bread Jenny Can Cook from easy wheat bread recipe , image source: www.jennycancook.com Ingredients Four 2 lb loafs 10 cups Wheat to make 14 Cups of Flour 3 Tbsp Dough Enhancer 3 Tbsp Yeast 6 cups water 1/2 cup oil 1/2 cup honey 2 Tbs Salt Steps Combine 9 of the 14 cups of flour, dough enhancer, and yeast […]