Authentic Irish Soda Bread Recipe from recipe for soda bread , image source: www.popsugar.com
- 4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups raisins, cooked * (see below)
- 4 tbsp raisin juice * (see below)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 cup buttermilk ** (see below)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Heat Oven to 375.
- In a large bowl add flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Cut in the room temperature butter.
- Add raisins and the raisin juice.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg and buttermilk. Add baking soda to liquid. Quickly stir into dry ingredients.
- Dough will be very sticky. Put into a well greased loaf pan and cut a cross into the top about 1/2 inch deep.
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes for large loaf or 40 – 45 minutes for 2 small loaves.
- Cover raisins in saucepan with water and bring to a boil quickly, then simmer for 5 minutes. Save 4 tablespoons of the raisin juice. Drain the raisins. *
- If using milk instead of buttermilk, put 2 tablespoons of vinegar in milk and let stand undisturbed for 5 min. Then add egg & baking soda. Stir lightly & quickly add to the batter. **
Gallery of √ Recipe for soda Bread
Related Posts for √ Recipe for soda Bread
This sugar free banana bread was given to me by a dear from diabetic banana bread recipe , image source: www.pinterest.com Ingredients 2 eggs 1/3 cup buttermilk 1/2 cup applesauce 1 1/2 cup bananas 1 cup splenda 1 3/4 cup flour 1 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp salt Steps Preheat oven 325°. Spray pan. In large bowel, blend together the eggs, buttermilk, […]
Moist and Easy Banana Bread Recipe TGIF This Grandma from easy moist banana bread recipes , image source: www.thisgrandmaisfun.com Ingredients Bread 1/2 cup butter 3/4 cup sugar 4 riped bananas 2 eggs 1/2 tsp vanilla extract pinch salt 1 tsp baking soda 1 1/2 cup flour Steps 1 hour 15 mins Preheat oven for 350°F In a mixing bowl, mix butter and sugar […]