Recipe Shoebox Stuffed French Bread from recipes using french bread , image source: recipeshoebox.blogspot.com
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Dense bread, cubed, enough to cover bottom of cast iron skillet
- 1-2 cups cubed, shredded, minced, sliced meat of your choice
- 1 (10 1/2 oz.) can French Onion soup
- 6-8 oz. Sour cream
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Bread cubes can be substituted with boxed stuffing mixes
- Provolone or Swiss work as alternative cheese options
- Beef broth can sub for French onion soup
- I pulled everything out of my fridge and pantry that needed to be used up TODAY. Then I tapped my foot with my hands on my hips, tilted my head and chewed on my lip, wrinkled my forehead and…. Well this is where I ended up….
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter in an iron skillet, or an oven proof skillet. I use a skillet because I’m going to cook, stick in the fridge and reheat after my kids basketball game.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cube bread into 1″ or hearty bite sized pieces, needs to hold up during saucing process but not so big you need to cut it up later.
- Once butter has melted and just started to brown, throw in the bread, move around to cover the bottom of the skillet but do not toss it. You want an even layer of buttered, slightly fried bread. Remove from heat once bread has started to brown.
- Next, top with meat. I minced up some leftover steak in my food processor and sprinkled it all over. With the flavor combinations in this recipe, red meat definitely works best, but you do not have to mince the meat, just avoid large pieces that will require additional cutting at serving time.
- Then I pulled out some leftover canned mushrooms.. Sighed… I went to the store today, failed to buy some fresh fungi and this is what I’m left with. Which, as I took the picture I had the realization they may be the ugliest of the foods. Proceed to chop the mushrooms, continue to contemplate using a grocery list…. Sprinkle those ugly little pieces of yumminess on top the bread and steak skillet.
- In a bowl whisk 1 can French onion soup and 8 oz. of sour cream together. If you only have a partial container of sour cream, just add some milk or cream to make up the difference.
- Pour the sour cream mixture on top of the skillet meal you have assembled.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Shred 8 oz. of mozzarella or as much cheese as you want, or until your arm gets tired, or until you hit your knuckle on the cheese grater…. Probably works to tear open a package of shredded cheese too… I didn’t buy any at the store today… Grocery lists people…
- Now decide how soon you’re going to eat… If you are hungry go ahead and top the skillet with the cheese and pop it back in the oven for a couple minutes or let it sit covered while you pull together the rest of your meal. For me this is a make ahead meal, so I shredded my cheese on a piece of foil. Then I wrapped it up in a little pouch and threw it in the fridge with the cooled, prepared skillet. “Threw” may not be the appropriate verb here.
- Later….. I pull skillet out of fridge, top with cheese, cover with foil, and heat on the stove top over a medium low heat… While trying to get my kids to shower and put away their sports gear and I try to find my cork screw and wine (which strangely enough I remembered without a grocery list….) Hmmmm…..
Gallery of √ Recipes Using French Bread
Related Posts for √ Recipes Using French Bread
BS Recipes Butterflake Frozen Dough Rolls from recipes using frozen bread dough , image source: bsrecipe.blogspot.com Ingredients 4 servings 5 tbsp butter, softened 1/2 tsp dried parsley 1/4 tsp oregano 1/4 tsp seasoned salt 1 (1 lb) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed 1 cup thinly sliced pepperoni (about 5 1/4 oz) 2 cup shredded provolone cheese (or 8-10 slices) Steps 15 mins […]
Easy Cinnamon Roll Bread Recipe from easy cinnamon bread recipe , image source: julieblanner.com Ingredients 3 can Pillsbury cinnamon rolls 1 cup brown sugar 1 8 oz cream cheese cut into 24 small cubes 1/2 cup butter Steps Preheat oven to 350 dregrees. Spray a bundt or tube pan lightly with cooking spray. Cut your block of cream cheese […]
baked swai with panko bread crumbs from baked swai fish recipes bread crumbs , image source: recipepes.com Ingredients nile fillet (or you can have any fish fillet) mayonnaise 4 tbsp. (low fat) half lemon juice dried oregano dried rosemary bread crumbs salt pepper butter side vegetables: zuccini and green capsicum with olive oil Steps Pat dry […]