Homemade Sourdough Bread from san francisco sourdough bread recipes , image source: jennifercooks.com
- 3 cup Organic Unbleached AP flour
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp Celtic salt
- 1 .25 oz Active dry yeast
- 3 cup Sourdough starter
- 1/3 cup Warm water
- 1 Additional water and flour to achieve the right dough consistency
- 1 Crush 1 Vitamin C tablet
- I use my Ninja with the bread hook, no kneading required. This is a wet dough, which I find to be easier then a thick dough which needs to be kneaded
- Mix in Ninja 3 cup flour and 3 cups sourdough starter, adding water if necessary untill the dough is wet, resembling a semi thick pankake mix. Blend for 2 to 2 1/2 min. Let it rest for 15 min.
- Meanwhile in another bowl add 1/3 cup 110° water and yeast and let it sit until the 15 min is up with the dough.
- Add sugar, salt, Vit C and yeast mixture to dough, blend 1 min, add 1/8 of a cup of flour at a time untill dough thickens slightly. Once you have achieved that, blend untill dough is smooth and there are no more chunks of flour.
- Have a bowl of water handy for dipping your fingers in and a spatula when removing dough onto a floured surface, work the flour into the dough until it does not stick to your fingers. I use my dough spatula and scrape the dough over onto itself all the time adding flour as needed. It should be mushy and should still want to spread out of your hands when you pick it up to place in a large well greased bowl.
- Cover tightly with saran wrap and place a dish towel over the top. Put in the warmest place in your kitchen (draft free) which I put mine next to my fridg, let rise 1 hour double in size.
- Very easy punch down, let it rest for 10 min. Use a dough spatula to remove from bowl, put onto a floured surface and fold sides and corners in twice, using as little flour as possible. Tuck dough under and place that side down in the bowl, cover tightly and let rise 45 min or untill it is triple in size, which of me it was only 35 min.
- Pre heat oven 375° ~ Punch down, let it rest 10 min. Then form into the shape you want and place in a round oiled pan, I use my cast iron skillet for the final rise, oil skillet then sprinkle with semolina flour or just on a well oiled surface. If using a bread pan then you will need to divide dough into half. Oil the used saran wrap and flour it lightly place on top of dough, let rise for 45 min to 1 hour or until it is double in size. Then it is ready for the oven!
- With wet dough I find it hard to put slits in the top (this is in order for steam to escape) so I bake the bread for 2 min @ 375 remove from oven, make your slits. Return to oven and bake 28 min, then turn the oven up to 400° and bake for 11 min . Enjoy!
- IMPORTANT last step ~ with a water spritz bottle, spritz the inside of the oven just around the opening (both sides and bottom) 1 to 2 times making sure you do not spritz the light bulb because it will burst. This step gives the crust a crunchy texture……
Gallery of √ San Francisco sourdough Bread Recipes
Related Posts for √ San Francisco sourdough Bread Recipes
Pita Bread Authentic Recipe from recipe for pita bread , image source: www.196flavors.com Ingredients 8 servings 1 Cup sourdough starter 1 1/2 Cup kamut flour (or spelt flour, whole wheat) 1/2 Cup Rye flour (or rice, mashed potatoe) 2 cup white flour 2 Tsp your favorite super seed(flax, chia, quinoa,sesame) 1 teaspoon sea salt 2 […]
Basic White Bread Recipe for Bread Machines Dairy Free from basic bread machine recipe , image source: www.godairyfree.org Ingredients 1 teaspoon olive oil 300 ml water 650-700 gr wholewheat flour 1 teaspoon dry yeast 2 teaspoon sugar 1 teaspoon salt 2 tablespoon flaxseed (optional) Steps 3 mins Pour warm water and oil into pan Add flour Add sugar, salt, yeast And flax […]
Angel Bread Slices Recipe Food from recipes with bread slices , image source: www.food.com Ingredients 6 servings 12 slices bread 2 eggs 70 g bread crumbs 100 g potato 70 g mixed vegetables (carrot, corn, green pea) 100 g chicken fillet 150 ml milk 2 cloves garlic 50 g onion 1 scallion (take the green leaf) 2 Tbsp margarine/butter 1/2 Tsp mushroom stock powder 1 Tsp salt pinch black […]