Easy Banana Bread Recipe for Brunch from simply recipes banana bread , image source: www.vintagecooking.com
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 large very ripe bananas (don’t mash until ready to mix)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Cook: 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 350° & spray a glass 9×5 loaf pan with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl sift together all the dry ingredients except walnuts (flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa.) I sifted mine 3 times. This will ensure all your ingredients mix well and you won’t overwork the batter.
- In a separate bowl use a hand mixer to blend all the wet ingredients until smooth (eggs, butter, vanilla, and brown sugar.) Set aside and mash your bananas with a fork (a few chunks are ok.) Once mashed combine bananas with the wet ingredients. Add the walnuts and give a quick stir.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet. I recommend doing this in batches. I did 4 batches, gently folding each with a spatula. Stir just enough to combine. You don’t want to overwork the batter because it will result in a dense bread. Pour into prepared dish and place on center rack in oven.
- Bake at 350° for about an hour. Check for doneness by inserting a small knife or a wooden skewer into the center. It’s done if it comes out clean. Ovens vary so cooking time may be a little different.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 30 minutes. After that remove from pan and cool for another hour on a rack.
Gallery of √ Simply Recipes Banana Bread
Related Posts for √ Simply Recipes Banana Bread
Whole Wheat Oatmeal Quick Bread from recipe for oatmeal bread , image source: www.healthyfoodforliving.com Ingredients 1 cup oatmeal flour 1 tablespoon poppy seed optional 1/2 hot water 2 tablespoon olive oil Dash salt Steps I use oats rolled old fashioned about 1 1/4cup and by using magic bullet to ground it making 1 cup of flour Add 1/2 hot water […]
Leftover Cornbread Orange Cornmeal Pancakes – Susan Spouts from leftover corn bread recipes , image source: www.susanspouts.com Ingredients My Buttermilk Corn Muffins Batter: 1/4 cup chopped roasted or canned green chilies, well drained (I used the fire roasted jalapeños leftover from our party) 4 cups shredded carnitas or pulled pork. If pork wasn’t cooked in a sauce, […]
An Easy Recipe For Making A Sourdough Starter from sourdough bread recipe from starter , image source: www.homesteadingfreedom.com Ingredients 6 servings 2 cups organic stone-grounded spelt floor 1 cup organic white flour 1 cup homemade sourdough starter 1 Tsp grape molasses 1/2 tsp sea salt 1.5 cups room temperature water (cool down from boiling water) Steps 30 mins Mix all dry […]