French ion Soup in Sourdough Bread Bowl from sourdough bread bowl recipe , image source: www.fusion-culinaire.com
- For the starter:
- 2 tablespoons (35 grams/1.2 ounces) very active, fully fermented firm sourdough starter, refreshed 8 to 12 hours earlier
- 1/3 cup (80 grams/2.8 ounces) warm water
- About 1 cup (135 grams/4.8 ounces) bread flour
- For final dough:
- 1/4 cup (60 grams/2 ounces) warm water
- 3 large eggs, plus 1 for glazing
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (8 grams/0.3 ounce) table salt
- 1/4 cup (55 grams/1.9 ounces) vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons (65 grams/2.3 ounces) mild honey or a scant 1/3 cup (60 grams/2.1 ounces) granulated sugar
- About 3 cups (400 grams/14 ounces) bread flour
- Fully fermented sourdough starter
- In the Morning: mixing the sourdough starter: Knead starter into water until it is partially dissolved, then stir in the flour. Knead until it is smooth. Let the starter ferment until it has tripled in volume and is just starting to deflate. (It took me 3hr in room temperature at 30oC – 4 times its volume). If it is winter, you should do it in the evening and it takes more time to rise.
- In a large bowl, add the oil first, then use the same cup for measuring the honey — the oil will coat the cup and let the honey just slip right outor sugar until the salt has dissolved and the mixture is fairly well combined. With your hands or a wooden spoon, mix in the bread flour all at once. When the mixture is a shaggy ball, scrape it out onto your work surface, add the starter, and knead until the dough is smooth, no more than 10 minutes. The dough should feel smooth and very firm..
- If it is winter, soak your mixing bowl in hot water now to clean and warm it for fermenting the dough. Place the dough in it and cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough ferment for about 2 hours. It took me 2.5h in 28oC.
- Line a big large baking tray. I made one big loaf. You can make 2 as desired. Divide the dough into 6 rolls. (170g for each).
- Braid or shape them as desired, position them on the prepared sheet(s), and cover them well with plastic wrap. Let proof until tripled in size, about 5 hours. (It took me 2.5 hr in 28oC). When the loaf has not push back Testing the dough by gently pressed with your finger, it will have not push back but remain indented. Brush it with the egg glaze mixed with a table spoon of fresh milk. Sprinkle nuts for your choice (I use Chia seeds).
- Preheat the oven to 180oC. Bake 40-45 minutes until golden brown. After the first 20 minutes of baking, switch the loaf from front to back so that they brown evenly; if the large loaf is browning too quickly, tent it with foil.
- Remove it from the oven, and let cool on a rack.
Gallery of √ sourdough Bread Bowl Recipe
Related Posts for √ sourdough Bread Bowl Recipe
Doodlecraft Amish Friendship Bread Starter and Recipe from friendship bread recipe without starter , image source: www.doodlecraftblog.com Ingredients 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast 1/4 cup warm water (110 f. degrees) 3 cup all purpose flour, divided 3 cup white sugar, divided 3 cup milk, divided Steps Place warm water and yeast in small bowl. Let set for 10 […]
Homemade Pita Bread Recipe from recipes with pita bread , image source: www.pinterest.dk Ingredients 6 servings 1-1/3 pound ground sirloin 1 small onion diced 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/4 cup butter 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice 1 teaspoon salt 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts 1/4 cup chopped parsley 1/4 cup raisins 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper 6 slices pita Bread Steps Toast the pine nuts. Add butter […]
Overnight Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread Recipe from monkey bread recipe frozen bread dough , image source: www.justapinch.com Ingredients 24 servings Dry 24 Frozen Bread Dough Balls 1 box NonInstant Butterscotch Pudding Mix Wet 1/2 cup Butter 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder 3/4 cup Brown Sugar 1/2 cup Chopped Nuts Steps 30 mins Arrange dough balls in a greased bundt pan Sprinkle […]