Southern Cornbread Recipe from southern corn bread recipe , image source: myblessedlife.net
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp granulated sugar (or 1-2 tbsp molasses)
- 1 tbsp high-smokepoint fat, like bacon grease or canola oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Add fat to a 10-in cast iron skillet and put into the oven while preheating.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs. Whisk in buttermilk. Slowly stream in butter while whisking. Add molasses, if desired.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients (cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar). Add wet ingredients and whisk thoroughly.
- Remove cast iron from oven when it reaches temp. Rotate/twist to ensure even coating of grease.
- Quickly add batter to center of pan (it will bubble and sizzle a LOT!). Gently spread out if needed (don’t scrape the pan).
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until deeply browned and pulling away from the sides. Cool 15 minutes in the pan. Serve while still warm, with butter and honey.
- The original recipe, from my spouse’s great grandma.
Gallery of √ southern Corn Bread Recipe
Related Posts for √ southern Corn Bread Recipe
Traditional White Irish Soda Bread Liz the Chef from traditional irish soda bread recipe , image source: lizthechef.com Ingredients 8 servings 4 cups flour 2 teaspoons baking soda 1 teaspoon salt 1 2/3 cups buttermilk Steps 50 minutes In a large bowl combine flour, soda, and salt. Gradually stir in buttermilk until dough comes together in a slightly sticky […]
Zucchini Pineapple Bread Recipe — Dishmaps from pineapple zucchini bread recipes , image source: www.dishmaps.com Ingredients 3 eggs 2 cups sugar 1/4 cup vegetable oil 2 (4 ounce) containers Gerber Hawaiian Delight baby food 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract 2 cups grated zucchini 3 cups flour 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 cup crushed pineapple (drained) 1/2 cup raisins (not a […]
Easy No Yeast Beer Bread from beer bread recipe yeast , image source: bellyfull.net Ingredients Pre heat oven to 425 degrees : 1 3/4 cups Bread flour. I use King Arthur Flour 1 cup whole wheat flour I use King Arthur Flour: 1 tablespoon dry Yeast 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar. I normally use raw sugar also called Turbinado […]