Southern Cornbread Recipe from southern corn bread recipe , image source: myblessedlife.net
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp granulated sugar (or 1-2 tbsp molasses)
- 1 tbsp high-smokepoint fat, like bacon grease or canola oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Add fat to a 10-in cast iron skillet and put into the oven while preheating.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs. Whisk in buttermilk. Slowly stream in butter while whisking. Add molasses, if desired.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients (cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar). Add wet ingredients and whisk thoroughly.
- Remove cast iron from oven when it reaches temp. Rotate/twist to ensure even coating of grease.
- Quickly add batter to center of pan (it will bubble and sizzle a LOT!). Gently spread out if needed (don’t scrape the pan).
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until deeply browned and pulling away from the sides. Cool 15 minutes in the pan. Serve while still warm, with butter and honey.
- The original recipe, from my spouse’s great grandma.
Gallery of √ southern Corn Bread Recipe
Related Posts for √ southern Corn Bread Recipe
low carb grain free chocolate chip cookie bread from low carb bread recipe , image source: purelytwins.com Ingredients Dry Ingredients 100 ml Flax Seed Flour 100 ml Sunflower Seeds 250 ml Almond Flour 100 ml Psyillium 10 ml Baking Powder 5 ml Salt 1 pinch Xylotol/Sugar Wet Ingredients 250 ml Full Fat Yoghurt 5 Whole Eggs Optional Extras – pick and choose to taste […]
Old Fashioned Banana Pudding from old fashioned southern bread pudding recipe , image source: www.melissassouthernstylekitchen.com Ingredients 5 cup Stale bread cubed 2 cup Sugar 2 1/4 cup Milk 3 Eggs 2 tbsp Vanilla extract 2 tbsp Cinnamon 1/2 cup Raisins 1 tbsp Butter Steps 10 mins Preheat oven to 350 Pour milk over bread cubes and allow the bread to absorb the milk […]
Check out Ina Garten s Sticky Buns It s so easy to make from barefoot contessa zucchini bread recipe , image source: www.pinterest.com Ingredients 16 servings 3 large eggs 3 tsp vanilla extract 2 cup sugar 3 cup sifted all purpose flour 1 tsp baking soda 1/4 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp nutmeg 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries (optional) 1/2 tsp salt 3 […]