Southern Cornbread Recipe from southern corn bread recipe , image source: myblessedlife.net
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp granulated sugar (or 1-2 tbsp molasses)
- 1 tbsp high-smokepoint fat, like bacon grease or canola oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Add fat to a 10-in cast iron skillet and put into the oven while preheating.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs. Whisk in buttermilk. Slowly stream in butter while whisking. Add molasses, if desired.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients (cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar). Add wet ingredients and whisk thoroughly.
- Remove cast iron from oven when it reaches temp. Rotate/twist to ensure even coating of grease.
- Quickly add batter to center of pan (it will bubble and sizzle a LOT!). Gently spread out if needed (don’t scrape the pan).
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until deeply browned and pulling away from the sides. Cool 15 minutes in the pan. Serve while still warm, with butter and honey.
- The original recipe, from my spouse’s great grandma.
Gallery of √ southern Corn Bread Recipe
Related Posts for √ southern Corn Bread Recipe
Old Reliable French Bread for Kitchen Aid Mixers Recipe from kitchenaid mixer bread recipes , image source: www.justapinch.com Ingredients 1 cup yellow corn meal 1 cup flour 1/2 cup granulated sugar 3 tsp baking powder 1 tsp salt 2/3 cup milk 2 eggs 1/2 cup vegetable oil Steps Stir together the dry ingredients(corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt). Mix together the […]
Bread Machine Dinner Rolls Recipe from bread recipe for bread machine , image source: www.tasteofhome.com Ingredients Bread 1-1/2 cups almond flour 1 cup coconut flour 1 tablespoon peanut butter 1/4 cup sour cream 3 ripe bananas 1 teaspoons vanilla extract 3 large eggs 1 teaspoons baking soda 2/3 cup honey Whole Nuts 1/2 cup walnuts 1 cup cashew nuts Spices 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg […]
Making Potato Bread with Bread Maker Recipe by Christine from potato bread recipe for bread machine , image source: cookeatshare.com Ingredients 1 serving 160 grams Sweet potato 250 grams Bread (strong) flour 30 grams Cake flour 20 grams Sugar 20 grams Butter 12 grams Skim milk powder 4 grams Salt 3 grams Dried yeast 210 ml Water 1 dash Sesame seeds Steps Roughly cut the […]