How to make Hawaiian Sweet Bread from sweet bread dough recipe , image source: www.youtube.com
- 1 cup 2% milk warmed to 70 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp active dry yeast – (standard yeast envelopes usually contain 2 & 1/4 tsp)
- Egg Wash
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 Italian seasoning to taste (optional)
- This recipe makes two loaves which slice into 16 slices each. Prep is about 15 minutes but you will need about an hour total time to let the dough rise.
- Warm milk. Add the yeast & sugar. Whisk together & allow to proof for 5 mins.
- In a large mixing bowl lightly beat one egg. Add butter & salt, mix together.
- Sift the flour into the bowl, well, then add the milk mixture. Mix together fully. When the dough begins to come together turn it out onto a floured surface.
- Knead dough for 6 to 8 minutes, until the dough is elastic and has a smooth texture. Add more flour or water as needed to achieve the proper constancy.
- Allow to rise for 15 minutes, cover with a clean damp cloth.
- Punch down, cut in half & form each section into a ball. Place each dough ball into an oiled pan. For a loaf shape use a 5″ x 9″ or use a 9″ casserole or round pan for a round loaf.
- Turn dough to coat with the oil on the pan. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise in a warm place for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Fahrenheit.
- Make the egg wash by whisking together the egg & water.
- Brush egg wash on the dough. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, if desired. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes @ 350°F. Remove from pans to wire for cooling. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
Gallery of √ Sweet Bread Dough Recipe
Related Posts for √ Sweet Bread Dough Recipe
Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe Simple Delicious from basic bread stuffing recipe , image source: hellolittlehome.com Ingredients 8 servings 1 12oz.- bag of bread cubes 1 cup celery (diced) 1 medium onion (chopped) 2 4oz. sticks butter ( melted) 3 medium potatoed peeled- chopped- cooked 1 tbsp chopped parsley or dried 2 tbsp sage 1 salt & pepper to taste Steps 30 mins Turn […]
Home Cooking In Montana European Style Crusty Rolls from crusty bread rolls recipe , image source: homecookinginmontana.blogspot.com Ingredients 2 1/4 tsp Yeast-active 1 cup water 110° 2 tbsp Sugar 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil 1 1/4 tsp Salt 2 1/2 cup AP Flour 1 each Egg lightly beaten Steps In a large mixing bowl dissolve yeast, 1tsp sugar and cup of warm water. […]
Mom s Navajo Tacos and Indian Fry Bread Cooking Classy from indian fry bread recipes , image source: www.cookingclassy.com Ingredients 4-6 pieces 1 cup all purpose flour 1/3 cup water 1/2 tsp salt 1 tablespoon melted butter Lots of butter for frying This is traditional flavored but I added a dash of onion and garlic powder for more flavor […]