Easy White Bread Can t Stay Out of the Kitchen from white bread recipe easy , image source: cantstayoutofthekitchen.com
- – For the batter:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried yeast dissolved in 2 tablespoons of warm water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- – For the ashta cream: prepare ahead of time
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 6 slices American-style white bread
- 4 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in ¼ cup water
- – For the sugar syrup:
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- Candied orange blossom (optional)
- 1/2 cup raw ground pistachios
- For garnishing:
- To prepare the sugar syrup: put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Leave to boil then add the lemon juice and keep on medium heat for 10 min until the syrup thickens. Add the orange blossom water and rose water. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- To prepare the batter: mix all the ingredients together. Leave to rest for 3 hr at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
- To prepare the atayef pancakes: delicately pour 1 large serving spoon of batter on a slightly greased pan. You should have an 8 cm diameter pancake. Cook on one side only. Bubbles will form on the surface of the dough. The pancakes are ready to be removed when the bubbles burst and the bottom of the pancake is slightly brown. The pancakes should be firm enough to be filled but they shouldn’t be fully cooked. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- To prepare the ashta cream: Cut off the edges of the bread. Discard. Cut in dices the soft white part. Place the bread dices in a saucepan and pour the milk and whipping cream over them. Let the bread dices soak in the milk and cream mixture for at least 2 hr in the refrigerator. Put the saucepan on medium heat and, with a wooden spoon, start stirring the bread and milk mixture. Once the milk starts heating, add the water-dissolved cornstarch. Continue stirring until the mixture thickens. Once d
- Fill each pancake with 1 to 2 tablespoons of ashta cream, close it from one side and keep it open from the other.
- Garnish with ground pistachios or candied orange blossoms. Add sugar syrup to taste while serving.
- Note: You can find the recipe ‘Ashta cream’ under my profile.
Gallery of √ White Bread Recipe Easy
Related Posts for √ White Bread Recipe Easy
Honey Whole Wheat Bread Recipe Cracked Wheat from cracked wheat bread recipe , image source: www.restlesschipotle.com Ingredients Ingredients 1 1/2 tbsp Active Dry Yeast (use 1 tbsp instant yeast) 2 1/2 cup Warm Water 2 tbsp White Sugar 2 tsp salt 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil 6 cup Flour (you can also use 1/2 whole wheat 1/2 all purpose flour) Egg Wash […]
Jamaican Coco Bread Recipe Recipes in 2019 from jamaican hard dough bread recipe , image source: www.pinterest.ca Ingredients 6 servings 1 stick Butter 1 cup Sugar 1 Egg 3 Ripe Bananas 2 cup Flour 2 tsp Baking Powder 1 tsp Baking Soda 1 tsp Cinnamon 1/4 tsp Nutmeg 1 pinch Salt 1/2 cup Milk 2 tsp Vanilla Optional Ingredients 1/4 cup Rasins or Walnuts (or other nut of […]
Easy Overnight French Toast Casserole from stale bread casserole recipes , image source: www.thedailymeal.com Ingredients 9 servings 1/2 loaf Stale Thick bread 2 tbsp Butter- unsalted 1 Olive oil 1 each Small onion chopped 2 clove Garlic minced 1 lb Italian sausage 1 bunch Fresh basil chopped Salt and pepper 8 each Large Eggs 2 cup Whole milk 2 tsp Fresh Thyme Salt and pepper […]