White Whole Wheat Bread from white whole wheat flour bread recipe , image source: www.superhealthykids.com
- 3 cups tap water (use warm water to speed up rising)
- 1 Tbs. salt
- Yeast: 1/4 tsp for 12 to 18 hours, 1 Tbs. for 2 hours. Less yeast + more time = more flavor
- 6.5 cups white flour – Reduce flour if using wheat. For all whole wheat use 5.5 cups
- In a large bowl with a loose fitting lid mix water, yeast and salt
- Add flour until stiring becomes difficult and the dough forms into more of a lump and pulls away from the side
- Let sit at room temperature for 2 to 18 hours depending on how much yeast you added. If you want to build the dough faster you can put it in a warm place like a warmed oven (just don’t cook it on accident). The dough should be similar to the consistency of… gak, yeah, kind of jelloy
- Sprinkle flour onto a clean surface and liberally onto the top of the dough. Use your hand to scrape around the sides of the bowl and slide it out of the bowl. Just sprinkle more flour if it gets sticky
- Use dough right away in one of the following ways, or put in the fridge in a container with a losely fitting lid. Keep in the fridge for up to a week or so. Rip off a hunk and cook it whenever you want fresh bread. Allow about 30 minutes for the dough to warm up before cooking.
- Baguette: heat oven to 500 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet liberally with olive oil. Pinch the dough into four pieces. (double batch is pictured). Roll and pull the dough until it is long enough for the sheet, you may need to stretch it a few times. Brush the top with olive oil, sprinkle with 1 tsp. of course salt. Bake for 26 to 28 minutes until golden brown and they do not bend when you lift one up. For a double batch, I recommend baking one tray at a time. Open the oven carefully! hot steam.
- French Bread: heat oven to 450 degrees F. Place broiler pan or other oven-safe non-glass dish in the oven. Put pizza stone in oven if you are cooking on that. Use 1/2 or 1/3 of the dough. On a floured surface, roll out the dough into a rectangle and roll from the shorter side. Tuck the edges under and make deep slashes on the top (deeper then what I did in these pictures). Pour 1 cup of water in the broiler pan, close the oven door. Put in bread, bake for 45 minutes or until brown a firm.
- Sandwhich bread: Same instructions as the french bread, just put 1/3 of dough in a greased bread pan and slash deeply on top. For a crispy crust add the hot water as described above.
- Pizza dough: heat oven to 500 degrees F. If using stone, let it heat up for 30 to 60 minutes to get a crispier crust. The dough is more pliable if you punch it down after rising and let it rise again a bit. 1/4 of the dough is a good amount for 1 round pizza (roll out on parchment paper), 1/3 is good if using a cookie sheet (greased). – Cover pizza with toppings and bake for 12 to 16 minutes. We like pesto, mozzarella, with walnuts, or cheddar cheese, broccoli, olives, and pineapple.
- Naan or Frybread: – This is a great way to use dough that has been in the fridge for a while, or just make it fresh. Heat cast iron pan with either a little oil for Naan or more for fry bread. I use refined coconut oil. Use a small handful of dough and roll out until it is about ¼ inch thick. Fry over medium to medium-high heat until bubbly then flip. I like my fry bread to be mostly or all whole wheat. It is great with honey butter or jam.
Gallery of √ White whole Wheat Flour Bread Recipe
Related Posts for √ White whole Wheat Flour Bread Recipe
Bread Machine Amish Friendship Bread from bread machine bread recipes , image source: www.friendshipbreadkitchen.com Ingredients 1 1/4 cup warm water 1 1/2 tablespoon coconut or avocado oil 1/3 cup maple syrup or molasses 3 tablespoon cocoa powder 1 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 cup all purpose bread flour 1 cup dark rye flour 1 cup whole wheat flour 2 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast Steps […]
Nutella Swirl Banana Bread from nutella banana bread recipe , image source: bakedbree.com Ingredients 1 1/2 cup Flour 2 Bananas 2 Eggs 1 cup Sugar 1 tsp Vanilla extract 1/2 cup Softened butter 2-3 tbsp Nutella (or other hazelnut spread) Steps 60 mins Preheat oven to 350°F; Mash bananas in a bowl. Optionally, I like to add a little reduced sugar and […]
Savory Apple Sausage Bread Pudding from savory bread pudding recipes , image source: blog.thefruitcompany.com Ingredients 6 servings 3 Eggs 1 cup Greek Yogurt 3 tsp Chicken bouillon 1 1/2 cup Grated mozzarella cheese 1 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese 10 loaf Stale White bread 1/2 cup Chopped Cilantro 1/2 tsp Garlic powder 3/4 tsp Onion Powder 1 Salt 1 Pepper 1 cup Any chopped meat you like Steps […]